Tuesday 20 October 2015

FALL SKIES



Lips;

So I'm obviously really excited about Halloween, it's not even so much the day itself, it's the build up. The beautiful bold colours, the weird little things and decorations that you can find in the shops but most importantly, pumpkins. I don't know what the obsession is with pumpkins, I think it's just because they're the epitome of Autumn and I love Autumn, unless I hadn't made that clear yet. I wonder how many times I can fit the word 'Autumn' into a single post... I will also throw out there that I hadn't even planned to photograph my outfit this day, hence why the lighting is slightly questionable as I rushed home at sunset to grab my camera and do them. I decided to because I was out and had had a crap ton of compliments about my lavish coat, plus i'm completely besotted with this top. The autumnal colours mixed with the velvet completely reminded me of something that Phoebe from Friends would wear- and we all want to channel a bit of Pheebs in life, I think. Plus, this is the time of year where you should snuggle up with a hot chocolate and watch every episode of Friends because it's Autumn is all about comfort, coziness and reminiscing on the beauty of the 90's and early naughties- there's a certain nostalgia that comes along with this season.

I'm a big fan of Motel because I adore print, and it's a trait they exude with nearly every piece. I feel like every autumn wardrobe should contain some sort of velvet because it's not appropriate any other time of year. I also thought that £22 was incredible for such a statement piece that can be styled in so many ways. This diamond of a coat was a gift from last Christmas and when I opened it, I genuinely thought it was some weird wig/ stuffed animal. Little did I know that it would be one of my biggest staples every autumn/winter. It was definitely an investment piece (around £100) but so, so worth it. A winter coat is one of the most justifiable splurges I believe, especially because if you play your cards right you can select something that looks so much more bespoke than it is- like this for example. 

During fall you can never really go wrong with a detailed black bag and a beautiful pair of leather boots- perhaps the second most justifiable investment items, because like the coat they can be worn all through the season (at least 5 months of winter here in the UK) and then the following year, if kept well. It's also the time of year where we can completely celebrate the dark, vampy lip which just gives more of a depth and autumnal feel to any outfit. 


We're nearing the end of October now, so make the most of the pretty leaves and the incredible sunsets!

Ev


~

1 comment:

  1. Hello

    Can you write me please
    I have a question
    Please write back

    Greeting

    ReplyDelete